MINIMALIST INTERIOR DESIGN IN SINGAPORE
Minimalist house interior designs are characterised by their simplicity. Embodied in the clean lines and monochromatic palette of wall paints, furniture and floor tiles, the design gives an illusion of expanded space, further accentuated by open floor plans and functional furniture.
If you are looking for HDB or condo interior design ideas that are soothing to the eyes, a minimalist style take on it would be ideal.
As one of the leading interior design firms, Zenith Arc has worked with numerous clients to turn their minimalist dream house into a reality. As simple as it may seem, such an interior design, however, requires careful planning – the trick lies in making efficient use of space with smart furniture and combining the nuances of colour palettes. Our team of experienced architects and designers is apt in delivering masterpieces of simplicity – drop us a call at +65 9061 5051 to explore your modern minimalist interior design ideas!
THE ART OF MINIMALIST STYLE INTERIOR DESIGNS
What are the key attributes that make up minimalist interior designs? They are namely three core ones:
- Clean lines: There’s never clutter in a house designed according to the rules of minimalist interior design. Flat smooth surfaces are what make up the aesthetics of the space – their clean lines deliver an inviting level of simplicity to the house as opposed to patterned furnishings and accessories that tell a different story.
- Bare essentials: The approach to any modern minimalist design is light, form and beautiful materials. Typically paired with an open floor plan, the bare essentials create a sense of freedom even within a small space.
- Monochromatic colour palette: A critical component of a minimalist home is its colour scheme, which predominantly comprises soft natural shades and nude tones that create airy and elegant spaces, complementing the clean furniture and spacious floors.
BRING YOUR MODERN MINIMALIST INTERIOR DESIGN IDEAS TO LIFE
Whether you are considering a condo or HDB renovation, a minimalist design will suit any house type. We also engage in unique interior designs such as industrial home interior designs and electic style interior designs. Get in touch with us today to explore your options.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT MODERN MINIMALIST INTERIOR DESIGN
1. Does minimalist interior design mean I have to get rid of my personal items?
Minimalism, as its name suggests, emphasises simple, clean lines with minimal clutter and a monochromatic palette. Some people who adopt a minimalist interior design style may extend this to the items they owned, intentionally buying and owning fewer items to achieve a minimalist lifestyle overall. Others can keep the items they already owned, but decrease visual clutter in the space through smart storage solutions – for example, concealed wiring, furniture with pull-out storage spaces, or underfloor storage.
2. How can I make the minimalist interior design style look welcoming?
A common misconception is that minimalist interior design looks cold or unwelcoming. While there is a focus on a clean and crisp look, you can still add homely touches to create warmth within the space. This may include soft textiles like wool, cotton, or linen as rugs and wall decor; simple patterned wallpaper in complementary colours for a pop of visual interest; or natural textures such as wood to offset more harsh grey or concrete elements.
Take a look at our previous works to get inspired for your interior design journey, and get in touch with the Zenith Arc team to find out more about our services. You can also consider our popular Scandinavian interior design or Japanese-inspired interior design for more ideas!